Friday, October 28, 2011

Soya Bean Curd ~ 豆腐花

I never imagine something so simple can be so difficult to make and trust me, this is one of those recipes where people just simply can't comprehends why it is such. In total I failed 3 times and finally after 4 attempts, I succeeded.


Many reasons contributed to my failure and these are some of the possibilities:
  1. Stirring the milk
  2. Moved the pot while it's setting
  3. Temperature too high when I poured it into the pot for setting
  4. I used sweetened Soya milk
And since I've failed so many time, I did want to waste too much time making the Soya milk from scratch. Instead, I purchased those carton Unsweetened Soya milk from the supermarket. If you like to attempt making the soya milk, you can find the oringal recipe from Table for 2 or more...


Serves 3

Ingredients
1 litre Unsweetened Soya Milk
1/2 tsp GDL (Gluco Delta Lactone)
1/4 tbsp Cornstarch (I used 1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp)
1 tbsp Water

For Syrup
2 blades of Pandan Leaves (cut in 2 inches section)
3 slices of ginger (optional)
1 1/2 cup Water
1 cup Sugar

Directions for Syrup

  • Put all ingredients together and bring it to boil. Turn of fire and set aside to cool


Directions for Beancurd (view video)
  • Pour soya milk into a large pot and bring it to boil.
  • While waiting for milk to boil, mix GDL, cornstarch and water in a small bowl and set aside
  • When milk starts to boil. Turn off heat. Leave it for 5 minutes to cool to about 90 degree celcius (Or you may like to strain milk into another pot to bring down the temperature)
  • Stir the GDL mixture before pouring into a clean pot. Pour the hot milk into the pot with the GDL mixture in a gushing manner. Use a spoon and remove the bubbles (Do not stir)
  • Cover with a piece of cloth before putting the lid. Let milk set for an hour (Do not move the pot)
  • Can be served hot or cold with pandan syrup
video

2 comments:

  1. Aiyoh....I failed again >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like I got to go demo personally liao :) Let's arrange a date.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...